To grow a young generation that is after God’s own heart and thrives to spread his love all over the world.
Youth Ministry Vision
Youth Ministry Objectives
- To evangelize, teach, mentor, equip the youth for the works of God’s service (Ephesians 4:11-12).
- To enrich unity in the body of Christ.
- To equip young leaders with skills of leadership for the new church.
The Youth Executive and Council
Kateete Timothy Kirabo
Head Music and Fellowship
Gloria Kakoba Ayebazibwe
Team leader, Kingdom business fellowship
Mr. Allan Wephukulu
Mentor Teens/ Campus class
Mr. Herbert Lumbuye
Ms. Jonah Ainembabazi
Ast. Team Leader Kingdom business fellowship
Youth Ministry Department Highlights
SACB Youth ministry has an estimated number of one hundred fifty (150) youth in total and estimated number of thirty three (33) members that are doing active ministry.
The ministry created four fellowships i.e. teen’s class fellowship, campusers’ fellowship, kingdom business fellowship and the Joint youth fellowship. The ministry has recorded an average of forty five percent (45%) youth that attend the youth fellowships and other activities. In these different fellowships our focus is more on spiritual growth, leadership training and also altar calls involving deliverance, healing and testimonies.
Youth Fellowship/ Music
The youth music team is a group of individuals that have a passion to serve God through music. This has been going on for many years ever since it was started. The worship team not only ministers at church but also does a number of outreaches to the different churches in the Kampala diocese with an aim to share the love of Jesus and also make friends from all walks of life.
Our activities include;
- Youth sunday worship.
Every month, we lead the congregation in worshiping the lord though song. This is done every second Sunday of each month in the year.
- Worship leading in the monthly overnights that are held at St. Andrews C.O.U. Bukoto. This gives a big platform for the young ministers to grow in their leadership skills and prayer lives too.
- Meet and sings (this is where the youth come together and worship the lord in song and later pray and share the word of God).
- Leading worship through song in the youth joint fellowship where all the different arms in the youth ministry come together to fellowship. This happens every Friday of the week from 5:30 pm to 7:30 pm.
The sports department in the Youth ministry of St. Andrews Church of Uganda Bukoto had the following as its goals for the year 2018;
To draw more to Christ Jesus through the different games and sports.
To reach out to the public through the games.
To set an example to the community.
To mentor leaders.
We managed to achieve a number of our goals as a ministry through the respective sports fellowships that happen once a quarter. The ministry organizes outdoor sports where we visit different parishes for friendly games.
Spiritual Impact and Prayer.
The ministry has various altar calls which are held involving deliverance, connecting people to Christ, healing and prophecy. This happens in various fellowships and services
e.g. youth and general church overnights, youth camp (youth quake miniseries) were a number of young people have grown spiritually and in their way of prayer.